EcoCarrier Inc. ("EcoCarrier")'s Privacy Philosophy
EcoCarrier is committed to protecting your privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.ecocarrier.com.
Information that EcoCarrier Gathers
EcoCarrier gathers two types of information about users:
1. Personal data provided through voluntary registration. Personal data may be requested when you sign up for EcoCarrier's personalized services or register for contests or other promotional programs offered on our service. We ask for this information in order to enhance your experience on our website. This information might include member name, password, age, gender, ZIP code and/or country information. Except as described below, this information is not disclosed to parties other than EcoCarrier in any way that personally identifies you without your prior permission.
2. Aggregated data which tracks users as a whole. Aggregated data tracks EcoCarrier user activity in general, and is not used to identify you personally. Aggregated tracking information helps us to determine which areas of our site users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas. EcoCarrier does not track what you read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This data helps us to continue to deliver a better service for you. We may disclose such aggregated information to third parties such as our advertisers and partners.
How EcoCarrier Uses Information
EcoCarrier does not collect personally identifiable information about you except when you specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. EcoCarrier uses any personal information that's voluntarily given by you in order to enhance your experience, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the site or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. EcoCarrier also uses information that you voluntarily provide in order to send electronic updates and to let you participate in polls and message boards.
You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., user name, e-mail address) on the message boards on the EcoCarrier site, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of EcoCarrier.
EcoCarrier will not disclose any information that personally identifies you to parties other than EcoCarrier without your consent. There are exceptions:
1. When the purpose and manner of disclosure is clearly defined in advance.
2. When we believe in good faith that disclosure is legally required or to protect our rights.
Cookies and Tracking
You should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of EcoCarrier's Internet servers or through the use of "cookies". A "cookie" is a small text file that a web site can use to recognize repeat users, facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the site and allow a site to track usage behavior and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and target advertising. Websites commonly write a cookie to your hard drive when you visit them. Generally, cookies work by assigning a unique number to the user that has no meaning outside the assigning site. Cookies don't identify you personally, but rather identify your computer when you visit our site. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
2. Estimate the size of EcoCarrier's audience. Each browser accessing EcoCarrier is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, and to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior.
4. Measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of EcoCarrier's network of web sites you have visited, and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. We use this research to understand how our users' habits are similar or different from one another so that we can enhance your experience on the EcoCarrier web site. We may use this information to better personalize the content, banners, and promotions that you and other users will see on our sites.
Advertising networks that serve ads onto EcoCarrier may also use their own cookies.
EcoCarrier also collects IP addresses for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. In addition, EcoCarrier Mail includes IP addresses in outgoing mail message headers.
EcoCarrier Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
Kids and Privacy
EcoCarrier requests that children under 17 do not submit or post any information to the site without the consent of a parent or guardian. However, we will not request or knowingly collect from a child any information online that can be traced to the child, such as an email address, name, or information about the child's family. Unless a parent or guardian consents to such use in advance, EcoCarrier will not knowingly use information that a child provides to EcoCarrier for any marketing, selling or promotional purposes.
By using our web site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by EcoCarrier.
Changes to Policy
EcoCarrier reserves the right to change this policy at any time by notifying users of the existence of a new privacy statement. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
EcoCarrier offers the ability to correct or change the information collected during your registration. You can login to your account and change your information. If you're experiencing problems or have any questions about how our services work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may delete your account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com